Our News

Latest news from our blog

TSB MBA Alumni Spotlighting

TSB MBA Alumni Spotlighting

By Unene Gregory on 18th Mar 2022 in News

We are proud of our alumni! They go on to make a positive impact in their respective spaces. Our Alumni Spotlight feature shares the reflections of TSB alumni on their time at TSB and their achievements as alumni.

This month we got to know Major General Thituwi Mulaudzi.

1. Graduation year:
    2021
  1. Please share your current occupation title and employer, and briefly describe what you are currently doing for work and the path you took to get to this point:
    I am employed by the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), serving as the General Officer Commanding DOD Logistics Support Formation; my rank is Major General. I started my military career in 1987 and went through the ranks from a Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, Brigadier General and now Major General.
  1. Why did you choose to attend TSB?
    To empower myself academically so that I can make informed decisions in my work space.
  1. How did your TSB MBA prepare you for career advancement?
    When compared with my peer group, my MBA degree gave me a competitive edge.
  1. What person or module most influenced you while at TSB and in what way?
    The Project Management module because it addresses the process of doing one’s daily tasks irrespective of the size of the task. With regards to a person, I nearly gave up towards the end of my studies but Professor Vinessa Naidoo, as the then Acting Director and later my supervisor, taught me to not give up in life.
  1. What do you know now that you wish you had known before or while doing your MBA?
    That anything is possible in life, we only need to have a positive mindset.
  1. What advice would you give current and prospective MBA students?
    An MBA is not difficult but it has a lot of work. Hard work pays off and being present counts. So, work hard and attend all the classes.
  1. Describe TSB in three words:
    Centre of Excellence.
  1. Share your best TSB memory:
    The peer engagement during syndicate classes, listening to presentations from other students and assessing my understanding as compared to my fellow students. That has encouraged me to soldier on.
  1. What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
    Becoming a General Officer Commanding the DOD Logistics Support Formation and being an MBA qualified logistics officer.